Los Angeles DUI Lawyer
Trusted, Experienced & Meticulous DUI Representation In LA
California has some of the toughest DUI laws in the nation. Getting arrested for a DUI in Los Angeles can be confusing, intimidating, and overwhelming. You likely have many questions and concerns, from how much it will cost to whether you will go to jail. You may think little if anything can be done about your case, which is untrue. All of these considerations can be addressed at Castaneda Law, APC, where we provide strong representation and support for all DUI charges.
Like any criminal charge, defenses do exist and, with a thorough investigation, evidence can be uncovered that can put into doubt the state’s case against you. Our Los Angeles DUI attorney will leave no stone unturned in investigating and analyzing all of the factors involved in your DUI arrest. We provide non-judgmental guidance and thorough professionalism in every case we take on.
DUI Facts in California
You can be arrested for DUI in the following ways:
- As an adult driver with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 percent or more
- As noticeably impaired per law enforcement even with a BAC below .08 percent
- As an underage driver (under 21) with a BAC of .02 percent or more
- As a commercial license holder driving a commercial vehicle with a BAC of .04 percent or more
If your BAC measures above .16 percent, you will be charged with an aggravated DUI, which will lead to steeper penalties.
DUI Penalties in California
If convicted of a first-offense DUI, you will likely face the following punishments:
- Fines ranging up to $1,000.
- Jail time of up to six months.
- Three years of probation
- License suspension of up to six months.
On top of these penalties, you can see increased auto insurance premiums, the potential need for an ignition interlock device, and a permanent criminal record. Penalties will also increase with successive convictions within a 10-year period or if your DUI caused injury or death.
Time Is of the Essence in a California DUI
Following your DUI arrest, you will have only 10 days from the date of your arrest to file a request for a DMV hearing to challenge the automatic suspension of your license. That suspension will take place 30 days after your arrest when you fail to file. Our Los Angeles criminal defense firm can represent you at the hearing and, even if the DMV denies your request, the hearing offers other benefits. It allows us to hear testimony from the arresting officer, which may reveal inconsistencies and flaws that can be used later for your defense.
How Can A DUI Lawyer In Los Angeles Help You?
If you recently got charged with a DUI, you will need all of the legal advice that you can get. Your lawyer will make sure that you have all of the information that you need to protect your rights and your future. Without a lawyer, you are essentially risking your future as well as your reputation.
Here are some ways that a DUI attorney can help you:
- Evidence: Your lawyer will be able to effectively gather strong evidence to support your case.
- Investigation: Your lawyer will also conduct an in-depth investigation of your case and the evidence that is being used against you.
- Support: Your attorney will be by your side throughout every step. Having a legal expert by your side can provide you with the emotional support and reassurance that you need.
Representation: Your lawyer will support and represent you in court. Having a lawyer represent you in court increases your chances of a favorable settlement.
Contact us today for a free initial consultation and for more information on how our DUI attorneys in Los Angeles can help you.
Get Defense From a Los Angeles DUI Attorney
Many factors in your arrest can be challenged, from why you were stopped in the first place, to how chemical testing was performed. At Castaneda Law, APC, our Los Angeles DUI lawyer is thoroughly familiar with how to investigate and evaluate all of these factors and use them to your benefit.